Business Resources in Pitkin County, CO
The Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC) offers free business resources for companies located in Aspen, Basalt, Woody Creek, and Snowmass, CO. The mission of the NWSBDC is to help emerging and existing businesses gain control of their operations and promote growth. When you utilize the NWSBDC resources, you will be paired with one of our expert business consultants, who will help you find solutions. This is a completely free business consulting resource.
Our business consultants specialize in all aspects of business:
- Business Planning
- Business Strategy
- Sales Management
- Project Management
- Human Resources
Whether you are in the beginning stages, or an established business and asking yourself “what’s next?,” we can help you! For business owners and entrepreneurs in Aspen, Basalt, Woody Creek, or Snowmass, CO who are seeking business consulting resources, contact us today.
How to Start a Business in Pitkin County, CO
Starting a business Pitkin County, CO is a big undertaking, and many parts need to come together to ensure success.
- The first step to starting a business is market research. Market research will indicate if there is an opportunity to turn your idea into a profitable business.
- The second step is writing a business plan. Your business plan will serve as the roadmap to the structure, flow, financing and growth of your business.
- Have the funds to back your business. Your business plan will give you the insight into the amount of capital you will need . If you do not have the appropriate amount on hand, you’ll need to either raise or borrow capital. Today, there are more ways than ever to find the capital you need.
- Register your business and obtain federal and state tax IDs. It is important to legally protect your brand by registering it with the federal government and the state of Colorado. Getting an employer identification number (EIN) gives your business an official identity. This is a critical piece for setting up bank accounts and paying business taxes.
Our business consultants are highly trained at coaching startup entrepreneurs in starting a business (many of them have started many successful businesses themselves!). Taking all of the proper steps during the startup phase will help minimize potential roadblocks further into the process. We want you to be successful in your new venture!
How to Grow a Business in Pitkin County, CO
You are past the startup phase (congratulations!) and are exploring ways to grow your business, pivot, or maybe sell or exit your business. Scaling a business up is a big undertaking, and it takes a solid foundation to ensure success. Many of our consultants have successfully scaled a business, made a pivot, or sold businesses. This firsthand experience will help guide you through your next step. The NWSBDC works with businesses in all industries, including, but not limited to:
- Retail shops
- Salons and spas
- Fitness centers
- Skilled trades
- Hunting and wildlife
- Outdoor hospitality — rafting companies, jeep tours, dude ranches
- Outdoor product companies and manufacturers
Answering the question how to grow a business can be overwhelming. Let our experienced consultants help minimize any stress, and let us help guide you through your next step, whatever it may be!
Business Finance Consulting in Basalt, CO
Having your financials in order is one of the biggest differentiating factors between a business that will succeed or fail. Business finance questions are the most common questions we receive at the NWSBDC. Our expert financial consultants help business owners navigate:
- Sales tax
- Income tax
- Tax filing
- Income statements
- Cash flow
- Balance sheets
- Loan applications
- Alternative financing options
Our consultants know how overwhelming managing finances can be for business owners. Our business finance consulting will help you gain a better understanding of your current finances, and we provide resources and tools to properly manage all aspects of your financial operations.
Marketing Resources for Businesses in Aspen, CO
Another common question we get at the NWSBDC is in regards to marketing. How do I target my marketing efforts? Where should I be spending my ad dollars? Should I be focusing my marketing efforts digitally or through print media? All of these questions are important, and the marketing resources we provide help tackle these questions. The NWSBDC marketing consultants help businesses navigate:
- Increasing your marketing base
- Identifying new audiences
- Online vs. traditional marketing efforts
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Online listings (Google,
- Yelp, Bing, etc.)
Focused marketing can help your business grow. Contact us today to get connected with one of our marketing consultants.
About the Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC)
The Colorado SBDC began in 1987. The Colorado SBDC Network consists of 14 full-time centers throughout the state. At the NWSBDC, we believe that every entrepreneur and small business owner should have access to expertise, relationships and an understanding of the business community at large.
The NWSBDC team of consultants encompass all aspects of business. If you are a small business owner in Pitkin County facing challenges and are unable to find the right resources, contact us today.
For businesses located in Aspen, Basalt, Woody Creek, or Snowmass, CO who are seeking business resources, or free business consulting should register for an appointment at: contact us.