Business Resources in Garfield County, CO
The Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC) offers free business resources for small businesses located in Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, New Castle, Silt, and Rifle, CO. The goal of the NWSBDC is to help new and existing businesses gain control of their business operations and promote growth. When you utilize the NWSBDC, you will be connected with one of our highly experienced business consultants, who will help you find solutions. This is a completely free business consulting resource.
The NWSBDC resources specialize in all aspects of business:
- Business Planning
- Business Strategy
- Sales Management
- Project Management
- Human Resources
If you are an established business and asking yourself “what’s next?,” or a new business trying to navigate the startup phase, we can help! For business owners and entrepreneurs in Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, New Castle, Silt, Rifle, CO who are seeking business consulting, contact us today.
How to Start a Business in Garfield County, CO
Starting a business in Garfield County, CO is a big undertaking, and many parts need to come together to ensure it’s a success.
- Step one when starting a business is conducting market research. Market research will indicate if there is an opportunity to turn your idea into a profitable business.
- Write a business plan. Your business plan will be the roadmap to the structure, flow, financing and growth of your business.
- Financially starting your business. Your business plan will give you the information needed for the amount of capital you will need to get started. If you do not have the appropriate amount on hand, you’ll need to either raise or borrow capital. Today, there are more ways than ever to find the capital.
- Make your business legitimate. By registering your business and obtaining federal and state tax IDs it legally protects your brand. Having an employer identification number (EIN) is like giving your business its own social security number. This is a critical piece for setting up bank accounts and paying taxes.
The NWSBDC consultants are highly trained at coaching entrepreneurs in how to start a business (many of them have started several successful businesses themselves!). Following all of the proper steps during the initial phase will help minimize potential roadblocks later in the business. We want you to be successful in your new business venture!
How to Grow a Business in Garfield County, CO
You are past the initial business phase (congratulations!) and are exploring ways to grow your business, pivot, or maybe even sell or exit your business. Scaling a business up is truly a fine art and it takes a solid foundation to ensure success. Many of our business consultants have successfully scaled a business, made a pivot, or sold businesses. This experience will help guide you through this next step. The NWSBDC works with businesses in all industries, including, but not limited to:
- Retail shops
- Salons and spas
- Fitness centers
- Skilled trades
- Hunting and wildlife
- Outdoor hospitality — rafting companies, jeep tours, dude ranches
- Outdoor product companies and manufacturers
Answering the question how to grow a business can be overwhelming. Let our experienced business consultants help minimize any stress, and let us help guide you through your next step, whatever it may be!
Business Finance Consulting in Glenwood Springs, CO
Having your finances in order is one of the biggest differentiating factors between a business that will succeed or fail. Business finance is the most common topic we receive questions on at the NWSBDC. Our financial consultants help business owners navigate:
- Sales tax
- Income tax
- Tax filing
- Income statements
- Cash flow
- Balance sheets
- Loan applications
- Alternative financing options
Our consultants know how stressful managing finances can be for small business owners. The business finance consulting will help you gain a better understanding of your current finances, and we provide resources and tools to properly manage all aspects of your financial operations.
Marketing Resources for Businesses in Glenwood Springs, CO
The second most common question we get at the NWSBDC is in regard to marketing. How do I increase my marketing? Where should I be spending my ad dollars? Should I be focusing my marketing efforts through print media, or digitally? All of these questions are valid, and our marketing consultants provide help to tackle these difficult questions. The NWSBDC marketing consultants help businesses navigate:
- Increasing your marketing base
- Identifying new audiences
- Online vs. traditional marketing efforts
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Online listings (Google, Yelp, Bing, etc.)
Marketing efforts that are dialed in can help grow your business. Contact us today to get connected with one of our experienced marketing consultants.
About the Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC)
The Colorado SBDC started in 1987. The Colorado SBDC Network has 14 full-time centers throughout the state. At the NWSBDC, we believe that every entrepreneur and business owner should have access to expertise, relationships, and an understanding of the business community at large.
The NWSBDC team of business consultants encompass all aspects of business. If you are a small business owner in Garfield County facing challenges and are unable to find the right business resources, contact us today.
For businesses located in Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, New Castle, Silt, and Rifle, CO who are seeking business resources, or free business consulting should register for an appointment: contact us.