Business Consulting in Eagle County, CO
The Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC) is a free business resource for companies located in Vail, Avon, Minturn, Edwards, Eagle, and Gypsum, CO. The goal of the NWSBDC is to help emerging and existing businesses gain control of their business operations and promote growth. When you utilize the NWSBDC, you will be paired with one of our expert business consultants, who will help you find solutions to your company’s challenge. This is a completely free business consulting resource.
The NWSBDC business resources specialize in all aspects of business:
- Business Planning
- Business Strategy
- Sales Management
- Project Management
- Human Resources
Whether you are just starting out or if you are an established business and asking yourself “what’s next?,” we can help! For business owners and entrepreneurs in Vail, Avon, Minturn, Edwards, Eagle, or Gypsum, CO who are seeking business consulting resources, contact us today.
How to Start a Business in Eagle County, CO
Starting a business is a big undertaking, and many parts need to come together to ensure success.
- The first step to starting a business is to conduct market research. Market research will indicate if there is an opportunity to turn your idea into a profitable company.
- Writing a business plan. Your business plan will serve as the roadmap to the structure, flow, financing and growth of your business.
- Funding your business. Your business plan will give you the insight into the amount of capital you will need to get started. If you do not have the appropriate amount on hand, you’ll need to either raise or borrow capital. Today, there are more ways than ever to find the capital you need.
- Registering your business and obtaining federal and state tax IDs. It is important to legally protect your brand by registering it with the federal government and the state of Colorado. Getting an employer identification number (EIN) is like giving your business a social security number. This is a critical piece for setting up bank accounts and paying business taxes.
The NWSBDC business consultants are highly trained at coaching startup entrepreneurs in how to start a business (many of them have started multiple successful businesses themselves!). Following all of the proper steps during the startup phase will help minimize potential roadblocks further down the road. We want you to be successful in your new business venture!
How to Grow a Business in Eagle County, CO
You are past the startup phase (congratulations!) and are exploring ways to grow your business, pivot, or maybe even sell or exit your business. Scaling a business up is truly a fine art and it takes a solid foundation to ensure success. Many of our business consultants have successfully scaled a business, made a pivot, or sold businesses. This firsthand experience will help guide you through this next step. The NWSBDC works with businesses in all industries, including, but not limited to:
- Retail shops
- Salons and spas
- Fitness centers
- Skilled trades
- Hunting and wildlife
Outdoor hospitality — rafting companies, jeep tours, dude ranches
Outdoor product companies and manufacturers
Answering the question how to grow a business can be overwhelming. Let our experienced business consultants help minimize the stress, and let us help guide you through your next phase, whatever it may be!
Business Finance Consulting in Vail, CO
Having your finances in order is one of the biggest differentiating factors between a business that will prosper or fail. Business finance questions are the most common questions we receive at the NWSBDC. Our financial consultants help business owners navigate:
- Sales tax
- Income tax
- Tax filing
- Income statements
- Cash flow
- Balance sheets
- Loan applications
- Alternative financing options
Our consultants know how overwhelming managing finances can be for small business owners. The business finance consulting will help you gain a better understanding of your current finances, and we provide resources and tools to properly manage all aspects of your financial operations.
Marketing Resources for Businesses in Vail, CO
Another common question we get at the NWSBDC is in regard to marketing. How do I beef up my marketing? Where should I be spending my ad dollars? Should I be focusing my marketing efforts digitally or through print media? All of these questions are valid, and the marketing resources we provide help tackle these questions. The NWSBDC marketing consultants help businesses navigate:
- Increasing your marketing base
- Identifying new audiences
- Online vs. traditional marketing efforts
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Online listings (Google, Yelp, Bing, etc.)
- Social media
Focused marketing efforts can help your business grow. Contact us today to get connected with one of our marketing consultants.
The NWSBDC team of consultants encompass all aspects of business. If you are a small business owner in Eagle County facing challenges and are unable to find the right business resources, contact us today.
About the Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC)
The Colorado SBDC came into existence in 1987. The Colorado SBDC Network consists of 14 full-time centers throughout the state. At the NWSBDC, we believe that every entrepreneur and small business owner should have access to expertise, relationships and an understanding of the business community at large.
For businesses located in Vail, Avon, Minturn, Edwards, Eagle, or Gypsum who are seeking business resources, or free business consulting should register for an appointment at: contact us.