Free Business Consulting in Jackson County, CO
The Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC) offers free business consulting for small business owners and entrepreneurs located in Walden, CO. The goal of the NWSBDC is to help new and existing businesses gain control of their business operations and boost growth. When you seek help from the NWSBDC, you will be paired with one of our experienced business consultants, who will help you find solutions to your company’s challenge. Our services are a completely free business consulting resource.
The NWSBDC business resources focus in all aspects of business:
- Business Planning
- Business Strategy
- Sales Management
- Project Management
- Human Resources
Whether you are just getting started, or if you are an established business and asking yourself “what’s next?,” we can help! For business owners and entrepreneurs in Walden, CO who are seeking business consulting resources, contact us today.
How to Start a Business in Jackson County, CO
Starting a business in Jackson County is a big undertaking, and many parts need to come together to ensure a successful business.
- The first step to starting a successful business is conducting market research. Market research will show you if there is an opportunity to turn your idea into a profitable company.
- Completing a business plan. A business plan will serve as the roadmap to the structure, flow, financing and growth of your business.
- Supporting your business financially. Your completed business plan will give you the insight into the amount of capital you will need to get your idea off the ground. If you do not have the appropriate amount of funds on hand, you’ll need to either raise or borrow capital. Today, there are many ways to find the capital you need.
- Make your business official by registering and obtaining federal and state tax IDs. It is important to legally protect your business with the federal government and the state of Colorado. Getting an employer identification number (EIN) is like giving your business a social security number. This is an important piece for setting up bank accounts and paying business taxes.
Our business consultants are highly experienced at coaching entrepreneurs in how to start a business (many of them have started multiple successful businesses themselves!). Following all of the outlined steps will help minimize potential roadblocks further down the road. Our team wants you to be successful in your new business venture!
How to Grow a Business in Jackson County, CO
You have graduated from the startup phase (congratulations!) and are exploring ways to grow your business, shift, or maybe even sell or exit your business. Scaling a business is a big undertaking, and takes a solid structure to ensure success. Many of our business consultants have successfully scaled a business, made a shift, or sold businesses. This firsthand experience will help guide you through this next step. The NWSBDC works with businesses in all industries, including, but not limited to:
- Retail shops
- Salons and spas
- Fitness centers
- Skilled trades
- Hunting and wildlife
- Outdoor hospitality — rafting companies, jeep tours, dude ranches
- Outdoor product companies and manufacturers
Answering the question how to grow a business can be overwhelming. Let our experienced consultants help minimize the stress, and let us help guide you through your next phase of your business, whatever it may be!
Business Finance Consulting in Walden, CO
Having your finances in order is one of the biggest differentiating factors between a business that will prosper or fail. Business finance questions are some of the most common questions we get at the NWSBDC. Our expert financial consultants help businesses navigate:
- Sales tax
- Income tax
- Tax filing
- Income statements
- Cash flow
- Balance sheets
- Loan applications
- Alternative financing options
Our consultants know how overwhelming managing finances can be for small business owners. Our business finance consulting will help you gain a better understanding of your current situation, and we will provide resources and tools to properly manage all aspects of your financial operations.
Marketing Resources for Businesses in Walden, CO
Another common question we get at the NWSBDC is in regard to marketing and advertising. How do I beef up my advertising? Where should I be spending my ad dollars? Should I be focusing my marketing efforts digitally or through print media? All of these questions are important, and the marketing resources we provide help address these questions. The NWSBDC marketing consultants help navigate:
- Increasing your marketing base
- Identifying new audiences
- Online vs. traditional marketing efforts
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Online listings (Google, Yelp, Bing, etc.)
- Social media
Focused marketing and advertising efforts can help your business grow. Contact us today to get connected with one of our marketing consultants.
About the Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC)
The Colorado SBDC came into existence in 1987. The Colorado SBDC Network consists of 14 full-time centers throughout the state. At the NWSBDC, we believe that every entrepreneur and small business owner should have access to expertise, relationships and an understanding of the business community at large.
The NWSBDC team of consultants encompass all aspects of business. If you are a small business owner in Jackson County facing challenges and are unable to find the right business resources, contact us today.
For businesses located in Walden, CO who are seeking business resources, or free business consulting should register for an appointment at: contact us.