Business Consulting in Moffat County, CO
Established in 1987, the Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC) offers free business resources to companies located in Craig, Dinosaur, or Maybell, CO. The goal of the NWSBDC is to help new and existing businesses overcome challenges and promote growth. When utilizing the NWSBDC services, you will be paired with one of our experienced business consultants, who will help you find viable solutions to your challenges. This is a completely free business consulting resource.
The NWSBDC business resources specialize in all aspects of business:
- Business Planning
- Business Strategy
- Sales Management
- Project Management
- Human Resources
Whether you are an entrepreneur just starting out or a small business owner asking yourself “what’s next?,” we can help! For business owners and entrepreneurs in Craig, Dinosaur, or Maybell, CO who are seeking expert business consulting resources, contact us today.
How to Start a Business in Moffat County, CO
Starting a business in Moffat County is a big undertaking, and many aspects need to come together to ensure success.
- The first step to starting a business is to conduct market research. Market research will give you an understanding if there is an opportunity to turn your idea into a profitable business.
- Complete a business plan. Your business plan will serve as the guide for the structure, flow, financing and growth of your business.
- Financing your business. Your business plan will give you the insight into the amount of money that you will need to get started. If you do not have the appropriate amount on hand, you’ll need to either raise or borrow capital. Today, there are more ways than ever to find the capital you need.
- Make your business official. It is important to register your business and obtain a federal and state tax ID. By registering your business with the federal government and the state of Colorado, you are legally protecting your business. An employer identification number (EIN) is like giving your business a social security number. An EIN is a critical piece for setting up bank accounts and paying business taxes.
The NWSBDC business consultants are experienced at coaching entrepreneurs on how to start a business (many of them have started multiple successful businesses themselves!). Following all of the proper steps during the startup phase will help minimize potential roadblocks further in your business process. We want you to be successful in your new business venture!
How to Grow a Business in Moffat County, CO
You’re past the initial startup (congratulations!) and are exploring ways to grow your business, pivot, or maybe even sell or exit your business. Scaling a business up is truly a fine art and it takes a solid foundation to ensure success. Many of our experienced business consultants have successfully scaled a business, made a pivot, or sold businesses. This real-world experience will help guide you through your next step. The NWSBDC works with businesses in all industries, including, but not limited to:
- Retail shops
- Salons and spas
- Fitness centers
- Skilled trades
- Hunting and wildlife
- Outdoor hospitality — rafting companies, jeep tours, dude ranches
- Outdoor product companies and manufacturers
Tackling the question of how to grow a business can be overwhelming. Let our expert business consultants help minimize the stress. The NWSBDC can help guide you through your next phase, whatever it may be!
Business Finance Consulting in Craig, CO
Business finances that are dialed is one of the biggest differentiating factors between a business that will prosper or fail. Business finance questions are the most common questions we receive at the NWSBDC. Our highly trained financial consultants help business owners navigate:
- Sales tax
- Income tax
- Tax filing
- Income statements
- Cash flow
- Balance sheets
- Loan applications
- Alternative financing options
Our business consultants know how overwhelming managing finances can be for small business owners. Our free business finance consulting will help you gain a better understanding of your current finances, and we will provide resources and tools to properly manage all aspects of your financial operations.
Marketing Resources for Businesses in Craig, CO
Another common question we get at the NWSBDC is in regard to marketing. How do I beef up my marketing? Where should I be spending my ad dollars? Should I be focusing my marketing efforts digitally or through print media? All of these marketing questions are valid, and the free marketing resources we provide help tackle these questions. The NWSBDC marketing consultants help businesses navigate:
- Increasing your marketing base
- Identifying new audiences
- Online vs. traditional marketing efforts
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Online listings (Google, Yelp, Bing, etc.)
- Social media
Focused marketing efforts can help your business grow. Contact us today to get connected with one of our marketing consultants.
About the Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC)
The Colorado SBDC came into existence in 1987. The Colorado SBDC Network consists of 14 full-time centers throughout the state. At the NWSBDC, we believe that every entrepreneur and small business owner should have access to expertise, relationships and an understanding of the business community at large.
The NWSBDC team of business consultants encompass all aspects of business. If you are a small business owner in Moffat County facing challenges and are unable to find the right business resources, contact us today.
For businesses located in Craig, Dinosaur, or Maybell, CO who are seeking free business resources, or business consulting, register today for an appointment: contact us.