Free Business Consulting Resources in Grand County, CO
The Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC) is a free business consulting resource for employers located in Winter Park, Granby, Fraser, Grand Lake, and Kremmling, CO. The NWSBDC has been helping new and existing businesses gain full control of their operations and promote growth since 1987. When you utilize the NWSBDC, you will be paired with an expert business consultant, who will help you find solutions to your company’s challenges. This is a completely free business consulting resource for companies in Grand County, CO.
The NWSBDC business consultants specialize in all aspects of business:
- Business Planning
- Business Strategy
- Sales Management
- Project Management
- Human Resources
If you are an entrepreneur or an established business and asking yourself “what’s next?,” we are here to help! For small businesses in Winter Park, Granby, Fraser, Grand Lake, or Kremmling, CO who are seeking business consulting resources, contact us today.
How to Start a Business in Grand County, CO
Beginning a business is a huge undertaking, and many parts need to come together to ensure success.
- The first step to starting a business is market research. By conducting market research it will indicate if there is an opportunity to convert your idea into a profitable company.
- Complete a business plan. Your business plan will be the roadmap that will guide the structure, flow, financing and growth of your business.
- Financing your business. Your business plan will give you the insight into the amount you will need to get started. If you do not have enough on hand, you’ll need to either raise or borrow capital. Today, there are more ways than ever to find the capital you need.
- Make your business official. By registering your business with the state you are legally protecting your brand. By obtaining federal and state tax IDs and getting an employer identification number (EIN) is like giving your business a social security number. This is a critical piece for setting up bank accounts and paying business taxes.
Our team of business consultants are highly trained at coaching entrepreneurs through the startup phase (many of them have started multiple successful businesses themselves!). Following all of the right steps during the initial phase, it will help minimize potential roadblocks further in your process. Our goal is to make your new business venture successful!
How to Grow a Business in Grand County, CO
You’ve graduated from the startup phase (congratulations!) and are exploring ways to grow, pivot, or maybe even sell or exit your business. Scaling a business to grow is truly a fine art and takes a solid foundation to ensure success. Many of our business consultants have successfully grown, made a pivot, or even sold businesses. This real-life experience will help guide you through the next step. The NWSBDC works with businesses in all industries, including, but not limited to:
- Retail shops
- Salons and spas
- Fitness centers
- Skilled trades
- Hunting and wildlife
- Outdoor hospitality — rafting companies, jeep tours, dude ranches
- Outdoor product companies and manufacturers
Addressing the question of how to grow a business can be a big undertaking. Our experienced business consultants can help minimize the stress and guide you through your next phase, whatever it may be!
Business Finance Consulting in Winter Park, CO
A critical piece to a successful business is the finances. One of the biggest differentiating factors between a business that will prosper or fail are the books. Business finance questions are the most common questions we receive from local small businesses. Our financial consultants help business owners navigate:
- Sales tax
- Income tax
- Tax filing
- Income statements
- Cash flow
- Balance sheets
- Loan applications
- Alternative financing options
Our consultants know how overwhelming managing finances can be for business owners. The business finance consulting will help you gain a better understanding of your current finances, and will provide resources and tools to properly manage all aspects of your financial operations moving forward.
Marketing Resources for Businesses in Winter Park, CO
The second most common question we get at the NWSBDC regards marketing. How do I beef up my marketing? Where should I be spending my ad dollars? Should I be focusing my marketing efforts digitally or through print media? You should be asking all of these questions. The marketing resources our consultants provide help tackle these questions. The NWSBDC marketing consultants help businesses owners navigate:
- Increasing your marketing base
- Identifying new audiences
- Online vs. traditional marketing efforts
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Online listings (Google, Yelp, Bing, etc.)
- Social media
Focused marketing efforts can help your business grow. Contact us today to get connected with one of our marketing consultants.
About the Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC)
The Colorado SBDC was established in 1987. The Colorado SBDC Network consists of 14 full-time centers throughout the state. At the NWSBDC, we believe that every entrepreneur and small business owner should have access to expertise, relationships and an understanding of the business community at large in Colorado.
The NWSBDC team of consultants encompass all aspects of business. If you are a small business owner in Grand County facing challenges and are unable to find the right business resources, contact us today.
For businesses located in Winter Park, Granby, Fraser, Grand Lake, or Kremmling, CO who are seeking business resources, or free business consulting should register for an appointment at: contact us.