Shore Up Your Small Business presented by the University of Colorado Leeds School of Business Deming Center for Entrepreneurship is the fifth and final workshop in our multi-year series that focuses on building, growing and sustaining successful small businesses in the Vail Valley. Taught by Erick Mueller & Cynthia Banks, entrepreneurs and award-winning professors at the Leeds School of Business, this interactive short course will focus on the core elements that are critical to resiliency in every successful business venture, regardless of stage, to help you strengthen and reinforce your strategy.
Topics will include:
– Marketing: Amp up your creativity and digital tactics to gain customers.
– Numbers: How to squeeze the most efficiency and effectiveness out of your financial and funding story.
– Technology: Stay ahead of the curve in leveraging tech solutions for common problems and efficiencies.
– Plus many more!
– Continue to grow your entrepreneurial toolkit
– Leave motivated toward supporting and cultivating your entrepreneurial bug
– Receive a University of Colorado Leeds School of Business Certificate of Completion
Who should attend?
– Aspiring entrepreneurs
– Existing small business owners interested in building and growing their business
– Local leaders wanting to support entrepreneurial growth
Includes all course materials, light appetizers on 10/8, breakfast and lunch on 10/9
Early Bird Pricing $79 (thru 9/24); Regular Pricing $99
Dates & Times
Friday, October 8 – 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Saturday, October 9 – 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
Grand View Room-Vail, Colorado
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE-Email Lauren@NorthwestSBDC.org for details on how to apply
Demystifying Entrepreneurship Yampa Valley will take place October 22 & 23. Presented by the University of Colorado Leeds School of Business Deming Center for Entrepreneurship this year’s workshop will take place IN-PERSON in downtown Hayden, Colorado! This year’s event is the kickoff for our multi-year workshop series that will focus on building, growing and sustaining successful small businesses in the Yampa Valley.
- Develop an understanding for what it takes to be an entrepreneur
- Understand the process to create a value proposition
- Determine ways to be different and establish a competitive advantage
- How to get your first ten customers
- Grasp entrepreneurial economics and fundraising
- Grow your entrepreneurial toolkit
- Receive a University of Colorado Leeds School of Business Certificate of Completion
Includes all course materials, light appetizers on 10/22, breakfast and lunch on 10/23
Early Bird Pricing $55 (thru 10/1); Regular Pricing $75
Dates & Times
Friday, October 22 – 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Saturday, October 23 – 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
Downtown Hayden, Colorado
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE-Email Lauren@NorthwestSBDC.org for details on how to apply.
- Create or claim your Business Profile on Google
- Manage your business info across Google Search and Maps
- Use Google My Business to connect with potential customers
- Create a free website using the info from your Business Profile
- Set goals for your website
- Set up Google Analytics and connect it to your website
- Understand what types of reports are available in Google Analytics
- Understanding different video formats
- How to setup a YouTube channel
- Making good creative, and how to target and measure the results