Business Resources in Summit County, CO
The Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC) is a local business resource for companies located in Breckenridge, Frisco, Silverthorne, Keystone, and Dillon, CO. The mission of the NWSBDC is to help emerging and existing businesses gain full control of their business operations and promote growth. When you utilize our services, you will be paired with one of our expert business consultants, who will help you find solutions to your company’s challenge. This is a completely free business consulting resource.
The NWSBDC business consultants specialize in all aspects of business:
- Business Planning
- Business Strategy
- Sales Management
- Project Management
- Human Resources
Whether you are just getting started or if you have had an established business for several years and asking yourself “what’s next?,” we can help you! For business owners and entrepreneurs in Breckenridge, Frisco, Silverthorne, Keystone, or Dillon, CO who are seeking free business consulting, contact us today.
How to Start a Business in Summit County, CO
Launching a business is a massive undertaking, and many parts need to come together to ensure success.
- Step one when starting a business is to conduct market research. Market research will give you the insight needed to know if there is an opportunity to turn your idea into a profitable business.
- Drafting a business plan. Your business plan will serve as a guide for structuring the flow, financing and ultimately growth of your business.
- Backing your business financially. Your business plan will give you the insight into the amount of capital you will need to get off the ground. If you do not have the appropriate funds on hand, you’ll need to either raise or borrow capital. Today, there are many more ways than ever to find the capital you need.
- Register your business and obtain federal and state tax IDs. It is important to legally secure your brand by registering it with the federal government and the state of Colorado. Getting an employer identification number (EIN) is like giving your business a social security number. This is a critical piece for setting up bank accounts and paying business taxes.
The NWSBDC business consultants are expert coaches to guide entrepreneurs in starting a business in Summit County (many of them have started multiple successful businesses themselves!). Following all of the correct steps during the startup phase will help minimize potential barricades further down the road. We want you to be successful in your new business venture!
How to Grow a Business in Summit County, CO
You have completed the startup phase (congratulations!) and are exploring ways to grow your business, pivot, or maybe even sell or exit your business. Scaling a business takes a solid foundation to ensure success. A lot of our business consultants have successfully scaled a business, made a shift, or sold businesses. This experience will help guide you through your next step. The NWSBDC works with businesses in all industries, including, but not limited to:
- Retail shops
- Salons and spas
- Fitness centers
- Skilled trades
- Hunting and wildlife
- Outdoor hospitality — rafting companies, jeep tours, dude ranches
- Outdoor product companies and manufacturers
Properly answering the question how to grow a business can be challenging. Let our experienced business consultants help minimize the stress, and let us help guide you through your next step, whatever it may be!
Business Finance Consulting in Breckenridge, CO
Having business finances in order is one of the biggest differentiating factors between a business that will prosper or fail. Business finance questions are the most common questions we receive. Our financial consultants help business owners navigate:
- Sales tax
- Income tax
- Tax filing
- Income statements
- Cash flow
- Balance sheets
- Loan applications
- Alternative financing options
Our consultants know how overwhelming managing finances can be for small business owners. Our business finance consultants will help you gain a better understanding of your current finances, and we will provide resources and tools to properly manage all aspects of your operations.
Marketing Resources for Businesses in Frisco, CO
Another common question we get at the NWSBDC is related to marketing. How do I beef up my marketing? Where should I be spending my ad dollars? Should I be focusing my marketing efforts digitally or through print media? All of these questions are important, and the marketing resources we provide help tackle these questions. Our marketing consultants help businesses navigate:
- Increasing your marketing base
- Identifying new audiences
- Online vs. traditional marketing efforts
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Online listings (Google, Yelp, Bing, etc.)
- Social media
Focused marketing efforts can help your business grow. Contact us today to get connected with one of our expert marketing consultants.
About the Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC)
The Colorado SBDC started in 1987. The Colorado SBDC Network consists of 14 full-time centers throughout the state. At the NWSBDC, we believe that every entrepreneur and small business owner should have access to expertise, relationships and an understanding of the business community at large.
The NWSBDC team of consultants encompass all aspects of business. If you are a small business owner in Summit County facing challenges and are unable to find the right business resources, contact us today.
For businesses located in Breckenridge, Frisco, Silverthorne, Keystone, or Dillon, CO who are seeking business resources, or free business consulting should register for an appointment at: contact us.