Business Resources in Routt County, CO
The Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC) is a free business resource for companies located in Steamboat, Yampa, Oak Creek, and Hayden, CO. Established in 1987, the goal of the NWSBDC is to help entrepreneurs and small business owners in Colorado gain control of their business operations and foster growth. If you seek our services, the NWSBDC will pair you with one of our expert business consultants, who will meet with you one-on-one to help you find solutions to your business challenges. This is a completely free business resource.
The NWSBDC business consulting services specialize in all aspects of business:
- Business Planning
- Business Strategy
- Sales Management
- Project Management
- Human Resources
If you are just starting out, or if you are an established business asking yourself “what’s next?,” the NWSBDC can help! For small business owners and entrepreneurs in Steamboat, Yampa, Oak Creek, or Hayden, CO who are seeking business consulting resources, contact us today.
How to Start a Business in Routt County, CO
Starting a business in Routt County is a big project, and many aspects of business need to come together to ensure a solid foundation.
- The first step to starting a successful business is conducting market research. This step will indicate if there is an opportunity to turn your business idea into a profitable company.
- Having a business plan. Your business plan will serve as a playbook to how you will structure, flow, financing and grow your business.
- Having enough capital to get your business going. Your business plan will give you the insight into the amount of capital you will need to get your company off the ground. If you do not have enough on hand, you will need to either raise or borrow capital. Today, there are more ways than one to find the capital you need.
- Making your business official by registering your company and obtaining federal and state tax IDs. Getting an employer identification number (EIN) is like giving your business a social security number. This is a critical piece for setting up bank accounts and paying business taxes.
The NWSBDC business consultants work with a lot of entrepreneurs who are tackling how to start a business (many of our consultants have started multiple successful businesses themselves!). Following all of the correct steps during the startup phase will help minimize potential roadblocks down the road. It is our mission to make you successful in your new business venture!
How to Grow a Business in Routt County, CO
You are through the startup phase (congratulations!) and are exploring ways to grow your business, pivot, or maybe even sell or exit your business. Scaling a business is a fine art and it takes a solid foundation to ensure success. Many of the NWSBDC business consultants have successfully scaled a business, made a pivot, or even sold businesses. The firsthand experience that our consultants provide will help guide you through your next step. The NWSBDC works with businesses in all industries, including, but not limited to:
- Retail shops
- Salons and spas
- Fitness centers
- Skilled trades
- Hunting and wildlife
- Outdoor hospitality — rafting companies, jeep tours, dude ranches
- Outdoor product companies and manufacturers
How to grow a business can be an overwhelming question to answer. Let our experienced business consultants help minimize the stress, and let us help guide you through your next phase, whatever it may be!
Business Finance Consulting in Steamboat, CO
Business finances is one of the biggest differentiating factors between a business that will prosper or fail. Finance questions are the most common topics we address at the NWSBDC. Our financial consultants help business owners navigate:
- Sales tax
- Income tax
- Tax filing
- Income statements
- Cash flow
- Balance sheets
- Loan applications
- Alternative financing options
Our consultants know how overwhelming managing finances can be for small businesses. Our finance consultants will help you gain a better understanding of your current business finances, and can provide resources and tools to properly manage all aspects of your financial operations.
Marketing Resources for Businesses in Steamboat, CO
The second common question we get at the NWSBDC is in regard to marketing. How do I beef up my marketing? Where should I be spending my ad dollars? Should I be focusing my marketing efforts digitally or through print media? All of these questions are valid, and the marketing resources we provide help tackle these questions. Our marketing consultants help businesses navigate:
- Increasing your marketing base
- Identifying new audiences
- Online vs. traditional marketing efforts
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Online listings (Google, Yelp, Bing, etc.)
- Social media
Focused marketing efforts can help your business grow. Contact us today to get connected with one of our expert marketing consultants.
About the Northwest Small Business Development Center (NWSBDC)
The Colorado SBDC came into existence in 1987. The Colorado SBDC Network consists of 14 full-time centers throughout the state. At the NWSBDC, we believe that every entrepreneur and business owner should have access to expertise, relationships and an understanding of the business community at large.
The NWSBDC team of consultants encompass all aspects of business. If you are a small business owner in Routt County facing challenges and are unable to find the right business resources, contact us today.
For businesses located in Steamboat, Yampa, Oak Creek, or Hayden, CO who are seeking free business resources, or experienced business consulting, register today for an appointment: contact us.